- This event has passed.
Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation
March 18 - May 27
This course is an overview of North Carolina wildlife and the proper procedures to care for and rehabilitate injured and/or orphaned animals with the goal of returning them to the wild.
You will become familiar with:
- Local, state, and federal regulations regarding wildlife
- Providing rehabilitation according to species
- Processing calls from the public regarding wildlife concerns
- Capturing and handling wildlife safely
- Assessing and administrating basic first aid if needed
- Discovering procedures for transportation to a vet
- Identifying equipment needs for caging, supplies, and food for each species
This course provides sessions to complete once a week. There will be an optional Q&A session with an experienced rehabilitator on Thursday nights. These rehabbers will change depending on the week’s current topic. These sessions will cover specific wildlife and techniques for caring for those specific species. The course is structured so that you may work on this course on your own schedule.
CLOSED. New Courses coming soon!